Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Sister's Love

This is my sister, Tina and I in the early 70's. We are extremely close but, with two very different personalities. Growing up I was the sneaky one, I thought more about if I did do it and got caught how much trouble I was going to get into. Tina had a different outlook she would do it, if she got caught she would suffer the consequences. I don't know why but, I was terrified of spankings. Tina being the little spitfire she was would take my spankings and I would let her.
Most of you would think that what a horrible older sister I was but, after all I didn't want a spanking and she didn't seem to care, so yeah spank her. The spanking didn't even phase her. Her and I was each other's best friend and then her and I would fight yell, scream, throw things at each other. I could out run her and I did, as she was chasing me to beat me up.

I was talking to Tina last night and she mentioned how when we were kids she would take my spankings and if she could she would take my pain. As I sat there and listen to her words I was speechless. After I hung up her words echoed in my ear. Why would someone want to feel this pain? Then I heard the words that I've heard Scott say all too many times "this is my cross to bare" and I thought I would never want anyone to feel this pain so "this must be my cross to bare"

No comments: