Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Frustrated With Brevard County Medical

I phoned Scott this morning before my post to find out how he was. He said he felt OK. The next call I got he had called 911. He said all of a sudden he got really sick. I left work and met them bringing Scott down the hallway. I called Dr.P's office to see where he had hospital privileges, Cape Canaveral and Wuesthoff in Rockledge were the two. I had them take him to Cape Canaveral and I called Dr.P's office to tell them Scott was in transient. I was at Cape Canaveral shortly after Satellite left.
When the doctor showed up I gave them Scott's medical history, the drug he was given on Thursday, what had happened on Monday. I gave him Dr. Nick's cell phone number and Dr. P's number. Cape Canaveral's MRI was down - that should've been my first clue. They spelled Scott's last name wrong - I corrected that and then the had his birthdate wrong and corrected that. The doctor ordered a cat scan to rule out a hemorrhage and he ordered numerous blood test. I explained those blood test he ordered were done in Dr. P's office on Monday but, he continued with the test. Okay we were there so why not check out everything. The doctor came in and said he spoke with Dr. Nick and Dr. Nick ask him to give Scott a steroid shot and asked Scott if that was okay. If that was what Dr.Nick wants yes then give Scott the steroid. The doctor explained he didn't know what else to do because this wasn't his niche. Not his niche, so he was sending Scott home. Dr.P never even phoned. I decided there were to many doctors in the mix and it was time to return to MD Anderson where Dr. Nick is upstairs. If I need to take Scott to the hospital in Orlando than that's what I have to do. The drive is longer than what it takes o administer the Avastain but, it is worth the drive.

4 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Oh Dalana! :( I'm so sorry to hear that on top of the medical problems you guys have to deal with all of that mess! :( We're thinking about you! Please let us know if there's ANYTHING we can do!

Scott and Dalana Zech said...

Thanks Keri - just pray

Anonymous said...

Dalana,
You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. Take a friend or family member with you to keep you company or to write down what doctors say. Irene

Anonymous said...

Scott & Dalana - we have & are thinking of you both!! Yes... keep logs of what the doctors say and prescribe as you may need them later :(
God Bless, Sonya & Michael