Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rough Nite

Scott had a really rough night. He woke up about 12:30 throwing up and with a really bad headache. Kellie and I slept together on the murphy bed and when Scott began to make his nausea's sounds Kellie and I flew out of bed. WARNING THIS IS NOT FOR ONES WITH A WEAK STOMACH: We sat Scott up and began to scoop yesterdays lunch out of his mouth so he did choke or aspirate it into the lungs.

Dr. B has started Manitol to reduce swelling. I misunderstood the chemo I thought it was 5 on 5 off but, because they want to hit the area hard so the chemo is a straight 42 days. Scott is being really pounded with radiation and chemo. and all of it's side effects being nausea's.



I keep touching him massaging his feet to let him know I am here. I even clipped his toenails yesterday. The Dialudid keeps him resting comfortably. I feel if he is resting comfortably it will be less stress on the brain.



We had gotten surprise visitors from our friends Tami and Eric and their beautiful children. Wow how the kids have grown. Tami said she wish Scott knew they were here - he did he was just drugged. We also had family here and are expecting our friends Don and his wife Lillian from the coast to visit later today. Michelle and Matt came up yesterday to visit and bring my jeep and visit and bring goodies. Aaron slept in the hospital 2 nights with Scott. We are so grateful for our friends and my family and will never be able to repay the things you have all done for us.



Scott's lunch is here but, I want him to sleep off the Dialudid and maybe feed him later. Scott's nurse said I missed my calling but, I don't agree. I would rather flip burgers than see people suffer. The nurse also was greatful that I am here 24 - 7 she said that most peoples family don't even come to visit. How sad...no matter what has happened in the past - it sems heartless for people to loose their lives knowing no one cared - not even enough to visit. Hmm.. goes back to a later post - I told you I take on others peoples emotions.

2 comments:

Pedal Power Girl said...

Dalana and Scott,

Please know that our hearts and prayers are with you. I can't wait to see both of you at home again and I know I will. Whatever you need don't hesitate to ask.

With love,
Geri

Keri Donald said...

What an angel God has sent your family in Kellie! :)