Tuesday, March 02, 2010

It Has To Get Better

that's what I keep telling myself. Yesterday was a rough day. The dialudid had built up in Scott's system and caused him to become unresponsive. They had called for Rapid Response and a team filled the room. They had injected a drug called Narcan - this drug knocks the dialudid out of the way and takes over for about 10 minutes and then the dialudid knocks the narcan out of the way and takes back over. Scott was in so much pain, it was ripping my heart out of my chest. Dr. Nick ordered a PC pump for pain but, so Scott was sedated all day yesterday. Dr. Nick decided instead of the machine dispensing the meds every so often , to let Scott or I do it. Scott has had 2 emergency CT scans to make sure there was no increased swelling or a bleed. Both CT scans were negative. . Dr. Nick also decided to hold Scott's chemo. Today Scott seems slightly sedated and confused. We are still waiting on the radiologist to come up to speak with us. Dr. Nick has agreed that is a good idea to hit those active tumors. The main objective now is to reduce the swelling.

Michelle had come up on Saturday for a visit and brought goodies. She has also been doing my job and hers too. I know she is exhausted. My family came up yesterday and took our laundry to wash, dry and fold. Milo has made a new friend in Tina and I am so grateful I don't have to worry about him.

I am fortunate enough to have Kellie drop everything and come to help me. We were going to try and get Blake home. But, as I thought about it - it made more sense for Blake to continue his job. He has a family now and they have bills. Kellie is a trained CNA and I won't worry while I work. My computer died and my little niece was nice enough to give hers up for me to use. That is a big deal to a young teenager.

I will never be able to repay everyone for their prayers, their support and all they have done to make our lives easier. It is times like this that make you realize who your true friends are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dalana and Scott, we continue to pray for you guys, we hope everything goes well with the tumor treatment, we're alway s thinking about you guys, we miss you, wish i was there to help we love you guys
Tami Feibelman and family

Anonymous said...

Continue believing that it has to bet better. With God all things are possible. Love You Both. Irene