Friday, March 05, 2010

Masked

I did the un thinkable I left the hospital yesterday to sleep, shower and have my hair done. Tina stayed with Scott and I think I died when I went to bed. It was difficult crossing the causeway returning home without Scott. Everything I did yesterday, that I would do in a normal day seemed abnormal.

Scott and I had our radiation consult and he is being fitted for his mask now and is doing his simulation. The mask is made of mesh and it will conform to his head and face. They no longer tattoo the head but they mark the mask and merge the two with the Pet Scan. I hear Dr.R. is the best of the best. He is thinking he will need to hit a bigger area than the area they hit 16 years ago. Dr. R. said that after Scott's surgery last April Scott should have had radiation then. We can't go back but, we can move forward and this is where we are now.

Dr. R. came from Boston and said in all the years he has practiced he has never seen a drill bit that had been shanked off in someones head. I will after all this gets started ask if the Pet Scan is the way we should go from now on.

Aaron is going to stay with Scott Monday - Wednesday and I will come up after work everyday. The weekends I will most likely stay with my mom so I can spend all the time I can with Scott between here and Physical Therapy. Scott's one has been kicking up allot and this has become very painful for him. They increased his Baclofen and I brought a heating pad. Heat seems to keep it down.

No comments: