Thursday, March 11, 2010

Holding Hands

Another radiation treatment down. Dr. B came in today with not a really encouraging look on his face. After he left I looked at how tired Scott looked and I wondered has he had enough. With tears streaming down my face and me holding Scott's hands I asked him if he wanted to stop treatment and go home. I wasn't sure what the answer would be but, I wanted him to know he would always have my heart and he would always be my hero. His answer : I want more time with you , if I decide to stop treatment then I may never know if it was the right decision. So I will fight through those bastard treatments. I never thought I would have to take the hands of someone that I love with all my heart and say those words and as I spoke them it felt like someone was taking my heart and ripping it to shreds. When Scott said he wanted to fight , the conversation was over I will fight right along beside him. Scott also said he had to fight for Skylar. Even when I tried to make it all about Scott and what he wanted - he made it about me and Skylar. Even through his darkest days he is still thinking of others.

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

"When love is shared between a husband and a wife like mine and Scott's - you take both hands and hold on tight." (That's a quote from your blog header.)

So true!