Monday, July 13, 2009

What A Weekend

Scott did pretty good Thursday and Friday. Aaron came up from Jupiter and he and Scott went to lunch. Scott had gotten a Wii for his birthday and hasn't played it yet so Aaron introduced Scott to the Wii. Scott and I even played a few games after Aaron left.

Saturday Scott woke up with hives. I gave him a children's chewable Benadryl because that usally takes care of it. We got went to Browning's to see if they had something better for his foot so it wasn't so painful for him to walk. They tried a couple different things but, didn't want to hender his ability to walk or his rehab. I had a few things to get at Sam's . Scott didn't really feel like going in. I offered to take him home and then run to Sam's but, he said no he would sit in the car. So I did a quick run in and out. It usually takes Scott a little longer to get out of my jeep - while he was getting out I was taken things out of my truck to the front door. By the time I am done Scott is at the door and I unlock it and let him in. We have been doing this for awhile- only this time Scott got out of the jeep and fell. I tried sitting him up he had no balance. This lady was jogging by with her kids and offered to help but I was afraid to pick him up right away for fear he would fall again. I told her no I had it, poor lady kept insisting to help. I finally told her I couldn't pick him up because he has no balance. We (Scott & I ) almost had him up but, nothing he fell again - not as far this time. He asked me to roll him on his belly and he then brought himself to his knees and stood up. He was still off balance so I walked him into the house and he fell asleep on the couch. I don't know if it was the Interferon or the Benedryl. I heard a noise and ran to the bedroom, I was so scared I thought Scott had fallen again. When I got to the bedroom he had dropped his glass of juice. He kept saying he was sorry but, I was so glad it was his juice and not him. Every noise I her, every dropping sound takes me back to April 24th when Scott collapsed on the bedroom floor. I keep thinking that memory will fade but, it becomes more vivid each incident Scott has. I checked him before I got into the bed and he still had a few hives and I told him he should take another Benedryl but, he said he was still feeling the effects from the one he took earlier and didn't want to take anymore.

Sunday Scott woke up and was covered in Hives. I gave him Benedryl - lots of Benedryl so he was pretty dopey all day. He slept most of the day with small bouts of me waking him up to give him something to eat. I stayed beside him most of the day and then I went outside to unload the POD. I started putting things away and then realized I need to go through everything. I didn't realize how much Christmas stuff I had. I am going to make a box for Brandi and one for Blake and hopefully get rid of most of it that way.

Monday I woke up this morning made Scott a Spinach and cheese omelet , put his morning meds beside the bed and realized he didn't take his night meds. woke him up at 4:00 am to see what he wanted to do about his nightly meds. I asked him about his Hives and he said they were gone. I asked him how he felt and he said he feels like he has a cold. UGH!! I told him to call off rehab today because he didn't need to be around people for his sake and theirs. I put his wheelchair beside the bed and made him promise me to use it today. I gave him his cell phone to call me if he needed me home. I am a nervous wreck being away from him. I will probably drive him nuts with phone calls today.

No comments: