Friday, July 10, 2009

One Day At A Time

I feel like I am in the twelve step program and at a stall. Before heading to Orlando yesterday I went to Holmes Regional to pick up the CT scan and report from June 26. Scott was unable to get his Carboplatin yesterday but he did receive his injection of Interferon. His overall white blood cell count was 1200 and it needs to be at least 1500. We had a consultation with Dr. Nick where he said not to worry, we will push it back a week. Dr. Nick would rather hit him with a heavy dose of Carboplatin and let his cells recuperate then lower the dosage. Dr. Nick also said there were small flecks of hemorrhage in the brain but, not to worry about that either. HOW DO YOU NOT WORRY? A combination of all these things are what started the brain swelling in the beginning. Dr. Nick did give Scott samples of Nuvigil to help with his energy level. Scott's physical and occupational therapy is going slower than he would like.

Blake texted me asking if Scott and I wanted to go on a cruise in September when he and Kellie are home. Today I will be looking into cruises, he'll be home for a week. Blake dances around telling me he is deploying in October but, in my heart I know he is. It's odd how you just feel it. Scott and I are planning to go to New York to see him off the tarmac. I can't even try to imagine the next year and a half.

No comments: