Monday, July 27, 2009

So Many Things

Friday and Saturday Scott spent the day in bed. He was sick from chemo and covered in hives. So I was treating both symptoms and unfortunately both the meds. I was giving him make him sleep, so at least he was able to get some rest.

Sunday Skylar came over at 7:00 am so I decided to take her to church. Scott got up shaved his head, laid back down for a few minutes, got up again shaved his face then laid back down. I tried to convince him to stay home but, he wanted to walk into church as a family. When we got to church people flock around us, one lady cried, someone we didn't even know approached us and said their group had been praying for us. When the prayer was said Scott's name was mentioned. It was so heart whelming to be surrounded by so much love. That was the first time we had taken Skylar to church and she loved it. So I am thinking she should start spending Saturday nights with us. After church we took Skylar to a movie and the to Ben and Jerry's for ice cream. I showed her how to hula hoop (yes in Ben & Jerry's) and she picked it up really fast. They took her picture to add to their wall so we will have to go back to check it out.

I booked our cruise for September when Blake and Kellie come. I am trying to look at this as a positive experience for Blake. Blake has already taken an adult stance on what to do with all the extra money he will make while being deployed. He wants all his loans paid off and money put back for a down payment on a house. Maybe this will be an adventure for him. Our church sends care packages to our military and I want to be involved with that.

No comments: