Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fourth Of July Fun


Skylar, Scott and I headed to Orlando on Thursday for Scott's Interferon injection. Skylar asked what they were going to do so I explained Scott's injection. Skylar asked if sh had to watch them do that to Pappy, I said, "no baby" you don't. We walked back to the room with Scott and then Skylar and I found a quite room to wait. Scott kept texting me and telling me what was going on. After the injection we headed to Port Orleans French Quarter to check in. We unloaded, caught a bus to Disney, caught a monorail to the Grand Floridian and made it just in time for dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming and Lady Tremaine oh yeah and the evil step sisters. Skylar didn't want Lady Tremaine and the evil step sisters to sign her book because they were mean to Cinderella. Cinderella told Skylar that her step mother and step sisters were trying very hard to be nice to her. Lady Tremaine told Skylar that if she was mean Cinderella, Cinderella would not have invited her, that this was a celebration. The evil step sisters never made it to the table before Skylar had had enough, she was ready to go back to the hotel.





Friday Skylar and I got up had breakfast and headed to Hollywood Studios. Skylar and I waited in line for 70 minutes for Toy Story Mania, what a fantastic ride. I was so surprised at how great Skylar was waiting in lines. She then wanted to go back to the hotel to swim. We headed back to the hotel. She barely got to swim and they asked everyone get out of the pool apparently a small child poohed in the pool. They had closed the pool for over an hour Skylar and I headed back to the room and she crashed.

Saturday we had plans to have breakfast with Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh. Scott stayed behind. Skylar and I headed to the hotel restaurant to make sure Pappy was fed before we headed for breakfast. After breakfast we had plans to attend the Magic Kingdom. The look on Skylar's face and her giggles as she saw the characters was so very cute, the memories are priceless. The characters made their rounds from behind so I would tell Skylar who was coming up behind her. She would quickly take her napkin and wipe her mouth so she was presentable to the character. She wasn't sure about Tigger or Pooh but, warmed up quickly when Tigger kissed her and Pooh hugged her. As we were leaving , a lady chased Skylar down to give her pixie bracelets. Skylar is so grateful for everything someone gives her. After breakfast Skylar changed her mind she wanted to go back to the hotel to swim. I asked her if she was sure because the park was expected to reach maximum capacity for the fourth of July and if they closed we wouldn't be able to get in to see the fireworks. She still opted for the pool, she didn't care about the fireworks.
We went back to the hotel and changed into our swimsuits. I had 50 sunscreen, we grabbed towels and we were off to the pool. The hotel had a big Sea Serpent with King Triton riding on top. Skylar couldn't wait to slide down his tongue. It was so cute. She wanted me to play in the pool with her. We both had fun on the slide and in the pool. I kept seeing Skylar with different goggles on when I asked her whose goggles she was wearing ,it was like she was going around the pool asking different kids to wear their goggles. I then suggested we go to the gift shop to buy her goggles. I was watching Skylar on the slide, when I noticed she had taken charge on the slide and would tell the kids and adults when to slide and they were actually listening to her. I was watching with amazement when an adult looked at her to see if she should slide or not. I later asked Skylar what she was doing and she said she was the life guard. The pool wasn't really crowded I think because everyone was at the Magic Kingdom.The sun was hot, the browner Skylar got the redder I got. We swam for over 4 hours and then they closed the pool due to bad weather. We headed back to the room and ordered pizza. We had pizza and crashed. Needless to say no one seen fireworks and I don't think anyone cared.

Sunday was time to come home : ( back to the real world. Scott ended up getting some much needed rest. On the way home- Skylar wasn't ready to go home yet so she asked if she could come over to swim. She really didn't swim much because I couldn't swim with her , I was so burnt and Scott didn't want to get over heated.
I took two cameras with me . One I couldn't get the battery to charge and the other I just purchased, it came with one memory card that held 10 pictures. I didn't even think to try it out before hand orbuying a bigger memory card. When we were at the hotel I bought a throw away camera. When we got back to the coast I dropped the camera off at CVS. I wanted Skylar to see her pictures before she went home. I went back to CVS to pick up Skylar's pictures and she put them into her photo/signature book. She looked at the picture found the signature and put the picture with the signature. I then went to pick up Milo and deliver Skylar to her dad.

1 comment:

Nicole4FLDU said...

Sounds like a BLAST!