Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Gave Me One More Thing To Be Thankful For

Kellie flew in as a surprise visit for Thanksgiving to help make Thanksgiving better while Blake is away in Iraq. It started off pretty good. We went to see Dr. Nick Tuesday and Scott's CT scan is unchanged there is still the 13 mm shift and swelling. Dr. Nick feels that if we have 4 consecutive treatments of chemo we should see a difference - if not we will need to change cocktails or add a cocktail to the Carboplatin.

We then met the family at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then home for some sleep. I worked on Wednesday and Kellie accompanied Scott to Physical Therapy. I then came home and began prep. work for Thanksgiving. I ran to Melbourne to pick up Skylar and back home. I couldn't reach Scott by phone so I had Kellie to walk in first because I had Skylar. She opened the door to tell me he was on the floor. I asked Kellie to keep Skylar busy outside and ran in to check on Scott. He didn't know how he had gotten on the floor or how long he had been there. From all the calls I made home I would guess 45 min. Kellie and I stood Scott up and helped him to bed.

Scott awoke on Thanksgiving to find he couldn't walk. Eventually we phoned 911 to transport Scott because he was con fussed, irritated, fatigued etc. Tom come to pick up Skylar and Kellie and I headed to the hospital , we spent a few hours there and they decided to admit Scott. Kellie and I headed home put plates in the microwave and went to bed. The next morning we headed back to the hospital - I picked up a really large beautiful Santa to take up to Scott's room. I think Scott thought he was going to be there for Christmas and I was starting to decorate his room. When Dr. Lorenta walked in he wanted to keep Scott for a few days but. Scott wanted to go home - so he discharged him.

Friday, Saturday & Sunday were really tough. I took Kellie to the airport at 4:30 am and went back home sent up everything I thought Scott would need for the day. I also have my phone on vibrate, if he needs me. Scott is going to call Sea Pines to see if they can come to the house.

Kellie was such a "BIG" help while she was here. She cleaned, she did laundry etc.. I felt like I was on vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kellie for being a great daughter-in-law Next time I'll run better interference
Talk to you soon thanks for being there for Dalana
Sorry we didn't get to spend that much time together
Next time Will be different

Love ya
Scott

Anonymous said...

Awwww....Anytime Scott! And dont be sorry for anything I enjoyed my time with you and Dalana. Im glad that I was able to help out :) I love you both soo much and I am blessed to have you as my in laws. I can't wait to see you both again!! Love you!!
Kellie