Sunday, November 08, 2009

More Fun With Skylar






Scott and I took Skylar to Satellite Beach Founders Day. Every year Satellite Beach celebrates the city's birthday. Joe (our UPS guy) has an Alpaca Farm and he was going to have two of his babies there. hey also have a huge craft/bake sale. this year allot of the local restaurants had tents and Skylar was excited to see the parade. The Alpacas were amazing. One of the Alpacas was humming and when I asked what it was doing, they explained when thy get stressed they hum. Laughing I said that is what I am going to do . Later in the day Scott asked me what was wrong (for the record I wasn't humming) and Skylar said remember you told that guy you are going to do what the animals do and then I remembered the humming story. Skylar picked out a horse made out of Alpaca wool. It is the softest soft you will ever feel. The alpacas were so friendly and we are looking forward to going down to their farm in a few weeks for their Christmas with the Alpacas.




The parade seem to be a big hit with Skylar. It seem to be along wait but we were at the end of the parade. I had worn my Mom of a American Soldier shirt and had allot of Thank yous and well wishes to send to Blake. We brought Skylar back here and let her play Wii before taking her home. She maybe more competitive then me and she is really good at the games. Michelle and I had a baby sower at 7:00 pm so by the time I got home when on Facebook to check my Farm it was about 12:00, which would have been 7:00 am in Iraq and I was lucky enough to find Blake online who had just gotten off work : ( Blake called us this morning, he seems to be in good spirits, the days are long and they work 7 days a week. He sounds really tired. I sent out another package packed with Gatorade/Lemonade packets for his water and he requesting cherry Kool-aid packs today. So that will be in my next package.

Our next week gets a little more complicated. Prayers for Scott as he starts chemo again on November 12. I think we will plan on a quite Thanksgiving home this year - if we get lucky we will have Skylar. I am trying to think of something creative to send to Blake for Thanksgiving , so if you have any ideas I am all ears.

No comments: