Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Work It

Scott had purchased an arm bike but, was unable to use it because of the atrophy. Last night I got out the arm bike and held his left hand on the peddle with my left hand and held his elbow with my right hand. He used the strength in his right hand to peddle. I then stretched his arm and placed my tens unit to try and help stimulate the muscle. I asked Scott how his arm was this morning and he said his shoulder is sore. Scott is dropping half of a dex. today so he will be down to one full pill. With our new workout and less steroids maybe we will stimulate the muscle.
Puppy training is going really well. He only had one accident in the house yesterday. He went to the door last night and put his paw up and looked back at me. I took him out and he went to the bathroom and then ran back in and sat where his treats were. I have been given him sweet potato wrapped with duck. He also loves the apples wrapped in duck. We took him to the vet yesterday and were thrilled to hear Milo is not like most Jack Russells he is calmer and he will not change. He said he was a beautiful Jack Russell and we should use him as a stud. I have taught him to sit, lay and rollover. He is very smart. Thank God.

No comments: