Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Weekend Late..

Friday we decided to keep Skylar and her puppy Milo so Brandi and Tom could move into there new house. Milo and Skylar were in bed with us. Skylar was up most the night. I felt like I had a new born. Scott came back from Dunkin Donuts with Iced Latte. I took a drink and it was loaded with Splenda. I really needed that coffee so I took it back, waited in line and asked for no Splenda. They apologized and made me another. I got out of line and took a drink and it was loaded with sugar. I got back in line, waited through five cars and told the girl, I would like a Iced Latte, no splenda, no sugar, just a iced latte. She said when you didn't want splenda, I thought you wanted sugar..Please all I want is a plain iced latte. Third time was a charm.
We celebrated Easter on Saturday. Scott was feeling better because it was his chemo off week. On request from Kylee, my 5 year old neice we did our 2nd annual flashlight easter egg hunt. My 8 year old niece Kailyn was saying how easy it was going to be. I told her we would see how easy it was when it got dark. We started off with dinner, then we let the kids color eggs. I had boiled a dozen for each kid. The kids eggs were so colorful. Skylar's they were all pink. She even took some of Kailyn and Kylee's eggs that they had already colored a different color but, because they didn't leave it in the dye very long Skylar was able to re-dye it...yes..pink. When it got dark the kids grabbed their flashlights and pails. Kailyn found $8.50 worth of gold eggs. The kids had fun sitting in the living room opening their eggs to see what was in them.
Brandi and Tom decided not to keep Milo Skylar's puppy. Because Skylar was attached Scott and I felt obligated to keep him. Neither of us would have chosen a puppy with everything going on I am way to busy and have way to much to take care of. Michelle had given me a crate so he can be crate trained while we are not home. I also ordered a bell to train him to ring the bell when he needs to go outside. It's very frustrating. The kids should have their head examined for not researching the puppy and it's very selfish of them to stick Scott and I with it with all we are going through. We told the kids they better not buy Skylar another animal because it's not fair. We also have a week old squirrel that needs to be bottle fed. We love taking care of baby squirrels - that's fun..Not as long as a commitment as a dog. I decided to bring the squirrel to work so Scott doesn't have to worry with him and Milo.

No comments: