Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feeling Helpless

Blake's grandmother was brought home today. I made brownies and took up to the family. Brandi was sitting by her side holding her hand and crying. I walked in the living room where they had her bed facing the ocean. I leaned down and hugged her and told her what a beautiful view she had, I kissed her and told her I loved her and I would see her later. She was surrounded by family. Brandi said they reminisced & went through family albums.Blake walked in a few minutes later to tell us she was gone.
He went back up there to say his final good-bye, he leaned down and sung their song "You are my Sunshine" and kissed her on the forehead. Brandi also devastated headed back to say her final goodbye. I always want to protect my children ( even if they are adults ) I know they are hurting and there is nothing I can do. I am glad they had each other to hold and support during one of their most difficult times.

2 comments:

Nicole4FLDU said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Keri Donald said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sounds like Blake's grandmother was blessed with a grandson who loves her so much!