Monday, November 26, 2007

Latest On Our Chaotic Lives

We enjoyed Thanksgiving at my little sister's house. Everything was so festive, the food was really good and we didn't over eat. It's always good to see family and friends. We returned home to house/dog sit for Dr. Cwikla. We stayed until Sunday evening.
Scott had chemo today. Dr. Nick doubled up om Scott's Avastin because of the edema. Scott and I (once again) broke our rule on not reading the MRI reports. I went to get something out of Scott's truck and noticed that the seal on the MRI envelope was broken so I assumed that he read it, so I took a peek.It was a little unsettling and when I came in I ask Scott if he read it, when he replied "no", I confessed " I did". Then he wanted to read it. So we read it together. Bottom line - there is allot of swelling in the brain and sometimes it can make the lesion look bigger ( there's no way to tell if the lesion is bigger or if it is in fact only swelling) But, you can see the swelling in Scott's face. We have an appt. with Dr. Nick on Monday. We assumed their report was faxed to Dr. Nick because he doubled the Avastin - which decreases swelling. Because of the holiday weekend, Scott will have chemo again on Friday. We have never done chemo twice a week so we are not sure how it will effect him.
We have a new little squirrel. He was rescued from the road, so we named him Freeway. He 's about weeks old and very cute. Scott's thrilled to have a new little buddy.
Blake's took quite an impact on his head. Although, he made a stupid decision , he did have sense enough to wear a helmet. He showed me the helmet ( a caviler army helmet) the inside was covered in blood.

No comments: