Wednesday, November 21, 2007

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

On my way out of town I get a phone call from Blake. Hi mom, I am @ Palm Bay Community Hospital. And why are you @ the hospital? I tried to para sail off Williams car and it didn't work. Are you serious Blake? Yeah mom I have 10 staples in my head ( mind you he is telling me this while laughing) My heart is sinking as he is telling me, they are waiting for his test to come back. I asked to speak to the nurse but she was no more helpful than Blake was. I had 1 grand baby, 3 sweet potato bakes, 1 pecan pie and on my way to Orlando. I was trying to reach his dad, after about an hour an probably 15 messages, I finally reached him. I asked him to go to the hospital but, Blake was released before he got there. Apparently, my very intelligent son had decided to para sail off the back of a car. When William stopped the car Blake was unconsious and blood was dripping from his helment. William took him to the fire station and he was transported there to the hospital. Blake decided to wait to call because he didn't want me to worry. Ok.. now think about that statment. Blake what were you thinking before or after Iam still going to worry. My first thought - WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? I worry about him going to war and now I have to worry about him walking out the front door. When I finally spoke to the nurse all his test came back neg. the only damage was the opening in his head. I tried to explain he could have ended up paralized or even killed himself. He did say that he did have some time to think and it was pretty stupid. You would think he would have thought that before he put his plan into motion.

No comments: