Thursday, January 28, 2010

We Are Still Alive

So much has been going on since our last post. My doctor had a Birmingham hip. Scott and I were back and fourth , more there than here. Anyway, it allowed me to work with Scott alot on his walking, sitting etc. Because we had to run back and fourth I mastered helping Scott in the truck. But, it was all great work for both of us. Exhausting but so worth it.

We went to see Dr. Nick on Wednesday. Scott's condition has the signs off a stroke but, can not be tracked through a CT scan. Sometimes the brain tumor will throw a stroke, if this happened it could mean it killed tumor cells and not normal cells. Which is not a bad thing, just another obstacle. Scott had the perfect definition. He said it was like a reset button on him was hit. We then saw Dr. Gold yesterday and he told Scott that he was his inspiration. What a wonderful compliment from someone that has been there and back.

Blake is in Baghdad and leaves for Kuwait soon. He was thrilled because he rode in a Black Hawk from Fob hammer to Baghdad. He sent a cool video of his trip. It will be nice to have him home. I am going to bake chocolate chips cookies Saturday and Kellie and I are going to try fried oreos from a recipe I found.

I have a full day tomorrow with appointments for Scott. He has chemo Thursday - if all the blood test are OK. The kids will be in the mountains and hopefully Scott will be recovered when they return.

No comments: