Sunday, January 31, 2010

He's Back For Iraq


Blake came home on Saturday. He told Kellie he was still in Kuwait but, he was really in Atlanta. He had arranged for his friend Jordan to pick him up and bring him home. I knew what time he was coming, I just had to keep Kellie busy. Scott suggested they play Wii - great idea Scott. He and Kellie played Wii and I sat at the table farming so I could see when he pulled up and turn on the i flip without her knowing. The plan was executed perfectly. Kellie said when he walked in she just saw his boots first and then worked her way up to see it was Blake. We really wanted to be there to see him off the plane but, he had already arranged to surprise us. Then he realized at the last minute he should tell me because we probably wouldn't be home. Blake was right because Kellie and I had a list of things to do and planned to leave early. Blake said the stewardess on the plane said she had two solders home from Iraq so she wanted to get them out to their families , to please let them exit first and the plane burst into an applause. Blake said rumor has it - it won't be a full year tour depending on how Iraq's election goes. How wonderful that would be, instead of having Kellie here for the summer I could possibly have Blake here too.



The first thing Blake wanted to do was shower and get BBQ. So that is what we did. He and Kellie then headed out to surprise Skylar but, she was not home. I called Tom to tell him not to tell Skylar Blake was home because I want him to surprise her.



I find myself staring at him. I watched a boy walk off the tarmac destination Iraq and a man return.

No comments: