Sunday, March 16, 2008

Playdate




Scott, Skylar and I had a play date for Saturday. We were going to see the Easter Bunny, do some shopping, see Horton Hears A Who and go for ice cream. Scott had chemo on Friday, so when Skylar called I asked her if we could do everything Sunday because Pappy wasn't feeling well. She said pappy can go another time. So I jumped up, got dressed and headed to pick her up.

When we arrived at the mall and she saw the Easter Bunny she informed me that she didn't think it was a good idea to have her picture made. Fortunately there were no children there and the bunny tried to get her to take a picture by pretending that he had dropped his egg and needed Skylar to pick it up. She picked up the egg and without moving a step reached as far as she could to give the bunny back his egg. Then the bunny pretended he was crying because Skylar wouldn't take a picture with him. Skylar was a little smarter than the rabbit, she didn't see any tears and his face wasn't wet. We then convinced her not to sit on his lap just to stand beside him. With inching , inch by inch and trying to not get to close we got this great shot. When I was waiting on her pictures she ran up and hugged the bunny. Of course I didn't have my camera ready and he tried to get her to hug him again. She turned and looked at him and said I already hugged you. I asked her to hug him once more so I could take a picture. She was reluctant but she did.

We then headed to The Children's Place to shop for my niece Briar's birthday. Skylar found the cutest little dress and head band. The dress was so cute that we went to see if they had the same dress in 18 months and they did. I told Skylar the dress was so pretty that I think we should have her picture made and she agreed. We went to The Picture Place and I remembered from the past years that they had a real bunny. I asked if they had their bunny and they said yes. They pulled the white background and went to get the bunny. Skylar's face lit up. Between smiles she kept asking if she could take him home. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring her one.

We then went to see Horton Hears A Who, only Skylar didn't want to see that movie, she wanted to see a scary movie, so she only lasted about 20 min. Then we headed to Ben and Jerry's she loved the giant bean bags. When she ordered her chocolate ice cream in a chocolate dipped with sprinkle ice cream cone topped off with more sprinkles her eyes were bigger than her stomach. We headed back to the mall to pick up her pictures. After we left there we thought we would call pappy and tell him we were driving by Dell's to see if he wanted a Strawberry shake. When we got there Skylar said she loves vanilla shakes so she got a vanilla shake and pappy got a strawberry. In the way home I called Brandi and Tom to ask them to pick up Skylar. I was exhausted. Skylar climbed up in bed and kissed Scott on the forehead so he could wake up to show him her pictures. She only got to spend a short time with him and then her mommy and daddy picked her up. I couldn't decide which of the pictures I liked more - so I got them all. She's so cute.





1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Such beautiful pictures!

I'm thinkin' that the mall needs to get a less-scary looking bunny. All of the kids seem to be afraid of him. :)