Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Bridal Shower, A Wedding And A Hang Over

I hosted a bridal shower for Michelle Friday night. Thanks so much to my mom who was a huge help. Our theme was Victoria's Secret and I ordered food from Island Pasta.
Saturday was crazy, picking up flowers, hair at 11:30, pizza and then getting ready for the ceremony. Skylar was the cutest flower girl ever. She could not wait to put on her dress and head to the ball. I was a little worried what she would do because she was a little terror all day but, when it came for her to walk she was an absolute angel. The only problem we had is that she wanted to cling to Michelle (the bride) because they matched, they were twins. The bride was beautiful and you couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Everything was perfect. I made friends with wonderful people. I drank a little well, alot of wine which left me with a horrible hang over on Sunday. I was exhausted from the shower and the wedding that I spent the day in my PJ's.
I received two very special gift's this weekend. Scott presented me with a beautiful journey necklace, for all we've done, all we do and for our future. It was a very emotional moment. Since Mike passed so rapidly, it terrifies me. It makes you realize how deadly this disease is and how many times can you fight it.
I also received a journey necklace from Michelle for our journey together as friends. The necklace she gave me is heart shaped, also very beautiful. Neither of them knew the other had gotten me a journey necklace. Just goes to show how much alike they are.
I will post salon and shower pictures soon.

No comments: