Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Years Have Flown By

I remember when I was pregnant with Blake. The first time they placed him in my arms, it felt like my life was complete. I remember each milestone like it was yesterday. I remember his first steps, now he runs through the door to grab something before jetting off in his car, I remember picking him up from kindergarten and him picking a flower from the school yard everyday and giving it to me , now he buys flowers for his girlfriend. I remember the love notes he used to write and place on my night stand, now he hides life size cutouts of people in the house to scare me. I remember how tiny his first pair of cowboy boots were, now he wears combat boots. I remember sending him to space camp for a week, he returned from army basic training in August,I remember the schools basic picture package, I just ordered Senior pictures. I can't believe it's been 18 years and it seems like just yesterday.  
       

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Awe! What a sweet post! Blake's a lucky boy to have a Mommy who loves him so much!