Monday, September 24, 2007

Sometimes

medical results can be confusing. For the first time in over a year - I read the MRI report. Not understanding what alot of it meant, I search the internet. The results that were coming up were not what I was wanting to hear. So this is what I mailed Dr. Nick :
Hello Dr. Nick;

Scott and I showed up a week before our appt. and dropped off his films to be read and we didn't hear anything back. I had the report faxed over to me. Although the scan appears to be stable, appears slightly decreased in size : ) I had a couple concerns and questions.1. It says the other scatter in foci and the edema pattern appear to be essentially unchanged compared to June and July 2007. What does this mean?
2. The white matter edema involvement of the posterior limb of the right internal capsule, superior aspect of the corpus callosulm have stable mild mass effect with subtle effacement of the anterior horn of the lateral ventricle and midline shift. Is this new, and is it anything to worry about?
3. What does thinning of the cortex mean for Scott and is any of this related to his left side problems?
Thank You
Dalana

This is Dr. Nick's response:

I think we have attained stability and are trending towards improvement in some cases. What we are seeing is the secondary effect of diminished mass effect. :)!

No comments: