Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tough To Say Good-Bye

I had to say Goodbye to Blake and Kellie yesterday. How hard it was to send Blake back to Iraq.
We and they had a great time when they were here. The first week they were here Blake and Kellie headed to Beech Mountain for a week.

The following week we had more time together. First I have to say Scott and I felt like we were in a hotel room in our home. Kellie made our bed everyday and laid clean towels out for us. What a wonderful gift.

After work Friday Scott and I wanted to take our friend Gail ( Scott's nurse) and Dr. Nick chocolate covered strawberries and a home made fortune. We also decided to meet up with the Family at Olive Garden. Kellie and I decided that the weather wasn't to bad outside so we wore flip flops and no jacket. Rain welcomed us as we drove into Orlando. Poor Scott he was cold, mine and Kellie's feet were frozen and we were all miserable. Dinner was great. Hunter and Reese made Valentine cards for everyone and I decorated Chinese take out boxes and filled then with candy and one homemade fortune. I also placed gel hearts on everyone's drink glass.


Saturday was Blake and Kellie's first anniversary and I had made reservations at the Chart House. As always the food and the veiw was great.
Sunday the kids had tickets to Daytona 500. With all the delays that race was a mess and they returned home early. I dropped them off at the airport and said my goodbyes. Kellie and Blake had to go there separate ways when they got to Atlanta but, at least they had the time on the plane together.

No comments: