Friday, February 26, 2010

The Dianogsis

From the beginning I have a sense of peace . I have a voice telling me I can do this. With that said, I had a weird thing happen to me today . They had taken Scott for his Pet Scan and while he was gone a lady who was a spiritual adviser came in to talk to me. She had breast cancer in 2004 and it had spread. Her chances of survival were slim. She is cancer free. She asked me how Scott's disease has touched people lives and I told her what a positive impact he has been and how he continues to amaze medical professionals. She said that she feels like God is telling her that Scott and I should tell our story through speaking or a book. She also said that she sees the holy ghost glow all around me , she prayed with me and then left.

Scott's test came back with new active tumor and allot of swelling, close to the mid line shift. They have began the Avastin to treat both the tumor and the swelling. Scott's chemo cocktail will be switched up to a week on chem through oral pills and a week off. They also are looking at possibly treating the active tumor with radiation. The tumor will be treated more aggressively. They will also place Scott on aspirin because one of the chemos side effect is blood clots. Dr. B thinks we are in a good place to turn this disease around.

Scott and I have choose to take control and not let this control our lives. Please put us in your prayers. To all our friends and family - thank you for all your support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about all that you both are going through. I will continue to pray for the both of you. I know God is with you both and he will be there to help you through this. I love you guys! Dianne

Andrew said...

Scott, Dalana, sorry to hear the news. I'm sure you are strong enough to overcome the disease! Keep on living. I'm with you.

nicole4fldu@gmail.com said...

praying for you. nicole