Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blake and Kellie's Visit Continued

Thursday I show up to work. Michelle reminded me that Blake and Kellie had to turn in their marriage license before they left, which meant they couldn't get married at sunset as planned. They were flying out Sunday. Blake and Kellie went to Disney for the day so the marriage was planned via text and phone calls. If you can't get married at sunset, the next best thing was sunrise. Blake said is was a stress free wedding. Are you kidding me?? Scott and I went to pick out wedding bands for them - their weeding gift from us. I picked up a simple bouquet of bright colored roses and wrapped them with satin and tied a bow and found a simple white dress perfect for a beach wedding at Ross for $25.00

Friday the big day I was mother of the groom, the notary and the photographer with help from Scott. The Groom was handsome and the bride beautiful.
In memory of Blake's grandmother a rose was removed from Kellie's bouquet and Blake kissed it before tossing it into the ocean.
My new daughter in law
Blake found a piece of sea glass handing it to Kellie. When Blake was a kid we use to go to the beach and look for sea glass.
They spent the rest of the day running errands.
Saturday it look like cupid had exploded in our house. Blake and Kellie had decorated the house for Scott and I for Valentine's Day. It was great.
Well what would you do if you were home on leave...

3 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

Beautiful pictures Dalana! Congratulations :)

(ps I'll hopefully be emailing you a link to your proofs tonight) :)

Nicole4FLDU said...

Best Wishes!

Keri Donald said...

Did you really end up marrying them?!?! :)

Congratulations on your new bigger family! :)