Friday, February 06, 2009

The Army Pisses Me Off

I purchased plane tickets when Blake first told me he had leave and gave me the dates. Then the Army decided to change the leave dates to a week earlier. So I had to pay the fee to reschedule their tickets. I spoke with Blake this morning to see if he was as excited as I was - one more day.
His response was I may have bad news I'll let you know later. Not something you say and then hang up so I say, what's going on Blake - he may not be able to sign out until 0600 tomorrow I don't know if it's am or pm. All I know is his flight leaves at 6:00 am out of Boston. Six hours away from his base because that is where Kellie lives.
I am so sick of the lack of consideration of our soldiers - who have not seen their families in a long time and make plans only for the Army to have the upper hand and change plans or make decisions for them. I am also sick of the military time bulls**t. Report back at 1300, why can they not say 1:00.
I am also sick of hearing that is what he signed up for, well it's not what I signed up for. Those soldiers have families to. My whole family is meeting at the airport to welcome Blake home.
Skylar was upset she couldn't make Belle's birthday party , so I had to explain that Belle's party is the same time Blake airplane lands. She understood and was OK with that. But, now if Blake doesn't land Skylar is not going to understand.

No comments: