Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a great Christmas. We began our annual Christmas eve with the opening of our pj's. This year we were all reindeer. My antler's blended into the Christmas tree. Skylar was of course Rudolph but, she wasn't ready to wear her nose yet. I made a wonderful roast beef dinner. Tom had stop on the way to the house to give the homeless some clothes. I didn't want the rolls to be cold so not thinking I placed them back in the oven. Though we were not playing a game of hockey, we had a basket of pucks. We then open our gifts, Skylar really racked up (as always)



Michelle had noticed the gifts we had gotten each other was the same exact size but, what were the chances??We waited for Skylar to open her gifts and the Michelle and I opened ours together. Yes, we share a brain and bought each other the same exact gift.
Skylar loosened up and began to wear her nose. She began to having fun with it. We had gotten Tom a digital frame and downloaded pictures of Skylar from a baby until now, with songs and the first song we thought of was Heartlands "I Loved Her First" Tom probably wouldn't admit it but I think he got alittle teary eyed. Scott received an awesome Livestrong Matt received Wii Fishing rod and game.


Michelle made my mom this beautiful fleece blanket now, maybe my mom will stop trying to steal mine.



We then realized we were 30 minutes late to be at Dr. Cwikla's house. So off we go in our pj's. We had gotten Dr. Cwikla a custom made jersey that said Big Dog.



I think little dog was a bit jealous. We had a great time sipping on wine and eating shrimp. I did manage to get a family picture of the Cwikla family by their beautiful Christmas tree. I forgot to mention how festive the house looked. Even though it was raining outside it felt like it was snowing the minute you walked into the house. Beautiful Christmas music was playing, everything was so festive.


We then returned home where Scott had given me a DVD. He had made plans for Blake and Kellie to have a DVD recorder. When the DVD began to play my heart began to pound, it was so great to see him. He then began to tell me what I meant to him ,how I had always been there for him and what a wonderful childhood he had. He was crying, Myself and everyone in the room was crying. What a wonderful gift - it was as close as Scott could have me have Blake home for the holidays. Then I received a phone call from Blake Christmas morning through webcam I was able to share his and Kellie's first Christmas together, Kellie seems to be a wonderful girl and the perfect little elf. We all could not have pulled off all of our surprises without her. : )

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

That really seems like a great Christmas! Wonderful for everyone! I'll have to tell my brother-in-law about the "I Loved Her First" thing. He always loves to hear stories like that. :)

Merry Christmas!!!