Friday, October 10, 2008

She Truly Is My Granddaughter

Skylar and I went to pick out her Birthday cake and out of the blue she said, I really would like a pumpkin pie. I turned to her in shock and said what? She repeated she would like a pumpkin pie for her birthday.
When I was a little girl every year I would asked my mom for a pumpkin pie, instead of a birthday cake. I could not understand if people could have birthday cakes why not birthday pies. So my mom would make a cake and I would have a pie.
I went ahead and ordered Skylar's cake because we were having a small get together on Saturday but, I do intend to make her a pie for Tuesday her real birthday. I loved the idea of Keri's birthday cookies, so I will try those this year also.

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

I love it! Keith's mom always makes him birthday-pie instead of a cake too. His favorite is cherry though (which is funny because he isn't a fan of cherries otherwise).

Love that you're going to do the birthday cookies too! Definitely have Skylar help you make them. She's love it!

Keri Donald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.