Saturday, October 25, 2008

Isn't It Better To Have More, Than Not Enough

Michelle and I have been hired to decorate for a Bar Mitzvah in 2 weeks. We had a meeting today to get an OK on the beach centerpieces we designed and built for the kids tables and an OK on the ribbon color. I phoned the mom early in the week to schedule a meeting for today. I explained that the party is so close and plans had to be finalized in order to give Michelle and I enough time to finish the rest of the centerpieces. We got the OK on the centerpieces and the OK on the ribbon color. I was encouraged we have gotten further than we had but, when I questioned how many kids table centerpieces and how many adult table centerpieces she would need - she told me she didn't know, she would have to get back with me. She was waiting for more RSVP's. I am looking at a diagram of the room and she doesn't know where the kids are going to sit or where the adults are going to sit. It is 2 weeks before the party - Michelle and I are trying to give her ideas and she looks at us as if we are speaking a different language. We feel like we really didn't get any further today than before.

No comments: