Sunday, October 19, 2008

Scott's Celebration of Life

Scott's party was a huge success. Michelle and I began our day at 6:30 am. We took all the dogs to the dog spa. Then we headed to Merritt Island to pick up chairs. Our next stop was Petals to pick up the long steam yellow roses and then t the office to cut the roses and figure out how to give then the illusion of floating in the tall cylinder vases. We were so ahead of schedule. We then headed to the Chart House to set the mood for the party.
We set the tables, chairs, chair covers, sashes, place card holders and our beautiful cylinders that when filled with water gave the illusion of the roses floating and topped them off with a floating candle. Scott's card box lid was a picture of his hands and wrist with his and his brothers Livestrong bracelet on - gotta love photo shop. The kids were given wands with ribbons that were printed with three words that described Scott. The adults were given Livestrong bracelets. The food was delicious and the key lime pie was the best I've ever had.
Each guest there has touched our lives. As I said before, this road our faith, friends and family have made this road an easier road to walk. I could have gone around the room and had pointed out what each person meant to Scott and I but, decided everyone would be bored. So I decided to go with one big thank you. Scott was so overwhelmed - I believe it is the first time I've ever seen him speechless.
Erica was so gracious with her time to photograph the event and I can't wait to see the photos. Scott and I wished that we had more one on one time with everyone. Not only was Scott and our friends touched by the celebration but, also some of those employed with the Chart House. My 6 year old niece, Kylee came up to me during the photo show and said, Aunt Dalana you married the perfect guy. Thank you Kylee - I think so too. It was pointed out to me that all the floating candles that everyones table had gone out - except the one at the table that Scott sat at. Someone walked up to me and said, they couldn't think of a better reason to have a party, we celebrate birthday's, weddings but, we never celebrate life and it was one of the best parties that she has attended. I hope our celebration makes others remember how precious life is.
Life is how you live it - Scott is proof of that.

No comments: