Sunday, June 01, 2008

Exhausting Weekend

I picked up Skylar Saturday the plan was to do some shopping and return home to swim. Friday I had bought Reese's Pieces for our 5th attempt to watch E.T. At 8:00 I had opened everyone candy and we turned on the movie. We again made it about 15 - 20 min. into the movie before Skylar fell asleep.
Skylar sleeps like road kill and her legs draped over you, cover thrown off. I had a small piece of the bed and froze. So I was feeling alittle sleep deprived when Skylar woke up 6:30 am Sunday morning - with a good morning mom. She took Milo out our bedroom doors and came in with a bouquet of plumeria's. Milo jumped up and grab her flowers and she was really mad that he had ruined her spring. Skylar and I then headed to Dunkin Donuts for iced lattes. This time Skylar didn't want to share she wanted her own so I ordered her a small cool latta. She put on her bathing suit and wanted to get into the pool at 7:30. Tom and Brandi came over - Tom grilled steaks, boiled crab legs and made twice baked potato. Skylar looked like a raisin when she left. She had stayed in the pool for 10 hours.
We heard from Blake, he said they were getting some pretty nasty weather there. He and Nikki are getting pretty serious , he has decided to change his career choice. Explosive Ordinance Disposal is starting to look dangerous. I can respect his decision. I'm glad it didn't take losing a limb to make him rethink.

No comments: