Monday, July 14, 2008

Transition Not So Easy

Scott and I were in Orlando on Friday. Dr. Nick has joined M.D. Anderson's team. This is an excellent opportunity for Dr. Nick to continue his research. But, a huge overwhelming transition
for Scott and I. It went from a small family to our big Greek family. Something we are not use to. The familiar faces we were use to seeing, we did not see. The office that was once small is enormous. Dr. Nick is still the same. It was great to see him. I probably offended the PA because when she walked in Scott and I had been through so many new people, each one treated him like he had cancer (this was never done at Dr. Nick's office ) so when the PA asked us how our transition went I burst into tears. She probably thought I was a loose cannon. I tried to explain to her how different it was and she was like the pre-show before the real star (Dr. Nick) came on. Once I saw Dr. Nick I would feel better. Before everything was done in Dr. Nicks office. When I asked her about getting Scott's port flushed. The PA said yes, that's done on the first floor. When I asked if he needed chemo again, would that be done in this office and her answer was yes, that's done on the fifth floor. When asking these questions, I wasn't wanting to hear floor by floor : ( Dr. Nick understood my feelings but, also reminded me he was there and we were there and that's what mattered.

No comments: