Monday, July 21, 2008

A Message From The Other Side

Michelle and I went to see a physic medium on Friday. One of the many messages I received was from my brother, that was hit by a car when he was 7 years old. The message was to find the guy who hit him and let him know it was an accident because this man has grieved him everyday.
My weekend was consumed with finding the newspaper article from 1972. It consumed my whole weekend. I went through the family bible, where I keep all his paperwork. Reliving the horror. I kept calling my mother (driving her crazy) because of the urgency I was feeling. I finally said, Ok you want me to deliver this message - you have to help me. Five maybe ten minutes later the phone rang. I didn't even say Hello. I picked up the phone and said, you found it. It was my mother on the other end with a yes. She had given me the name and within ten minutes I had found the man that had taken something so precious from our family.
Scott asked, what was I going to say? He said, they were going to thing I was a nut. I hadn't thought about what I was going to say - I would say it as it came, even if it sounded crazy. I asked to speak to the man and a woman on the other end of the phone had told me the man I was asking for was very sick. I asked her if I may ask her who I was speaking to - it was the mans wife. I asked her about an accident on Wekiva Springs Rd in 1972 and she said yes and there was silence. I told her I was the sister of the boy that was hit. I told her how crazy this phone call was going to sound. I had told her that I had been to see a medium and there was a message I was to give her husband a message from my family. The woman said she prayed for my family. She said she was with her husband and children when the accident occurred. They never saw my brother, there was a loud noise and when she looked back, she saw my brother. She also told me that they had gone to the funeral..
When I spoke with my mother and asked if she knew they were there she said yes. She was told they couldn't look at him because they had kids - my mother said, she could look at him and it was her son.
I felt I was passing on a message from the other side but, in doing so I brought up allot of feelings of pain and hurt in my family. I hope that this man finds peace in a phone call that maybe I should have made years ago.

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

Wow! What a weekend you had!