Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hard To Let Go

I was heart broken when Blake decided to join the Army. Eventually I came to terms. I try to look at it in a different ways, like he has the opportunity to travel the world. As I was preparing myself for Blake's leave date which is June 12th- Blake has decided to finish his High School in an accelerated program. Instead of sitting in class for another 5 months and graduating with the Class he has been with since grade school, he has decided to drop Satellite High and graduate through High School with Brevard County. After many tears and many questions , this is my conclusion. After boot camp it was very hard for Blake to return to High School, he felt like he was taking a step back instead of forward. I stressed that it was important for me to see him walk - he said I saw him walk (meaning boot camp graduation) and that meant more to him than high school graduation.
Blake will renegotiate his contract and his departure date will be before June 12th.
I realized my dream for my children's life, my not always be their dream and that I may never be ready for Blake to began his adult life.

No comments: