Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Tom


Saturday was Tom's Birthday - so we decided to have alittle fun with him. Tom dressed as Leonardo The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for his cousins birthday party - when he was twenty years old. For him, it was one of his most embarassing moments - that still haunts him to this day. He always finishes the story with - I would never get my hands on those pictures. Hmmmm sounds like a challenge to me. It turned out to be not that difficult. One phone call to his mother in New Jersey (Thanks Irene) and I had them within a week. I had a couple of months to decide how to make the most of these pictures. So I decided to make T-shirts, fliers and order ninja turtle mask. Tom's Birthday was on Saturday but Michelle (my partner in crime) and I decided it would be a shame for his work to miss out on the festivities so Michelle dressed in her T-shirt and turtle gear showed up at his work with ballons and the fliers. But, it didn't stop there. For lunch, I sent over a large pepperoni pizza for Leonardo (the ninja turtle's favorite).
Saturday his birthday we decided to go to Texas RoadHouse (is he crazy) guess so because he showed up and on time. We were there 45 min. prior and I had burned the Ninja Turtle Theme Song and had those famous fliers in the truck. Our waitress and her friend were all to happy to assist in our celebration. We were wearing our T-Shirts (yes Tom there was more than one) so we gave them our ninja turtle masks. Tom wasn't as amused as I was and threatened me several times. He said he didn't want them singing to him. I told him I told them not to sing but, what I didn't tell him was that I did tell them to come out playing the Ninja Turtle theme song and they ended it with a Have A Cowabunga Birthday Dude!! A birthday I don't think he'll forget.
Happy Birthday Tom

No comments: