Monday, May 26, 2008

ReConnected











Our Memorial holiday began with my mother arriving Thursday ( thank you - sweet husband) and then friends that I haven't seen in 20 + years arrived. My mother worked with Margo. I used to babysit for Margo and Gary when I was 15 . One of the kids, Shannon, who is in her 30's now brought her adorable little boy Triton.
Sunday we made Margaritas and Scott BBQ chicken and corn on the cob. It was yummy..Then Triton and I made everyone ice cream cones. Triton is such a great helper :)

When we woke up Memorial Day I made coffee and breakfast for everyone. Then I began on preparations for the cookout. I made potato salad, Banana pudding, sliced watermelon and Scott made his much demanded Scotty dogs (again thank you sweet husband) Now for the best part Michelle brought her commercial Margarita maker over and was nice enough to make lime and strawberry margaritas for the guest.


Although some of us ended up in the pool, not by choice (thanks Tom & Matt) it was allot of fun. Skylar and Triton joined in the fun they would tell me I needed to get out of the pool so they could see if my chin was bleeding, I would pull myself up on the side and then let them think they pushed me back in. They thought that was really funny but, after about 45 min. of pulling myself out of the pool I was exhausted. Our company left Scott and I put the food away and crashed. I did think about Blake and missed him being home with the rest if our family and friends. We hope we stay connected with our friends and I can't wait to meet the rest of all their children.





No comments: