Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Still Going


Kellie called me at work to tell me there was a baby mouse in the pool. suggested she let it drown but, she wanted to save it. Milo was pointing so I went to the pool to see what he had and her baby mouse was a baby rat. Kellie saved two and I let two drown. I guess the momma rat had a litter in the waterfall. The babies ended up in the pool. I never knew rats could swim the way they did.


The doctor I work for had a Birmingham Hip and I flew to Ohio on Thursday to pick him up and we flew back Friday. I have been staying at his house helping out with the dogs. The river is so beautiful this time of year. I have had a lot of down time to think. Which isn't a bad thing.
I go until my body can't go anymore and then I seem to collapse for a few hours of sleep. I am doing better then I thought. Skylar still asks a ton of questions and I find my self exhausted trying to stay two steps ahead of her. Her innocence at times, breaks my heart. She uses her Pappys Sugar jar a lot. So I make sure that stays stocked. Scott and I were going to renew our vows this month for our ten year anniversary. I had gotten the confirmation e-mail yesterday and it made me realize just how short life is and how fast time goes. Kellie is still here. Blake's unit was suppose to be home by the end of the month. The soldiers had already started shipping there personal things back to the states but, there is a hold on sending them home.

No comments: