Friday, May 14, 2010

Friends


May 12th was to be mine and Scott's 10 year anniversary. Our plan was to spend it in Hawaii renewing our wedding vows - only God had a different plan. My friends decided to take me to the Melting Pot so I wouldn't be alone. I received beautiful flowers, the food was great, conversation was great. We told stories of Scott, we laughed and we cried. My friends truly feel my emotions. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people. My friends are closer than my family and I am so blessed to have them in my life. I love each and everyone of them. When Scott passed away I wanted to lay down and die. I didn't see how I was going to survive the pain I was feeling, I didn't want to survive the pain I was feeling. It was my friends that helped me see the light through my darkest days. Scott left such an impact in this world. I still continue to receive cards and stories of the lives he touched.

No comments: