Monday, September 21, 2009

September, Sleepover & Smores



Scott had chemo on Thursday and wasn't feeling to well. I picked Skylar up from school on Friday.
I decided to do something different with her so I showed her how to make S mores. She had more fun burning the marshmallow than eating them. I had also purchased foam pumpkins, Disney Princess stencils and candle lights for us to carve pumpkins.
Saturday morning I was watching Blake's DVD we made for his party. When we finished Skylar pointed to her eyes, tears streaming down her face I asked her what was wrong. She said she missed her Uncle Blake and she doesn't understand why he has to be away. Try explaining to a 5 year old, war and American Freedom. After I settled her down she asked me Please don't play that again.
Michelle brought Turner and Boston over to play with Milo. I had gotten out the stencils and the pumpkins and I asked Skylar what she wanted to crave, she said an American Flag for Uncle Blake. We settled on a princess shoe and Cinderella's coach. The best thing is she can keep these pumpkins and turn the candle on and off by herself and they are totally safe.

2 comments:

Kevin Denelsbeck said...

Best wishes to Scott and to all the family! Keep your strength and spirits up!

Kevin

Scott and Dalana Zech said...

Thank you Kevin