Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Speak Now

or forever hold your peace. Scott and I saw Dr. Nick yesterday. Emotionally, Physically & Physiologically Scott has not been doing well. Scott has such a zest for life and people and lately he seem to be slipping way from both. Dr. Nick has a white board in the patient room so I decided to write a few words to remind me what I wanted to talk to Dr. Nick about. Above my words Scott thought it would be funny to write Scott Zech's problems 101. When Dr. Nick walked in the room , extended his hand and ask Scott how he was doing. Scott replied, Great. I then asked Dr. Nick to look at his white board there were a few things I felt needed to be addressed. Physically - Scott does not use his left hand. He uses his right hand to do everything. Dr. Nick wrote beside my list Dr. Nick's solution's. He still still limps and drags his left leg. My solution was to rehabilitate his left side. Dr. Nick agreed that it had to be rehabilitated to remind it that at one time it functioned normally. So he gave Scott a prescription for an occupational therapist. I also was concerned about Scott doing chores and over working himself and explained how exhausted and how he couldn't function physically or mentally. Dr. Nick agreed that Scott should cut his chores by 50%. Emotionally - Scott is depressed, withdrawn, agitated etc. The antidepressant Lexapro is not working. Dr. Nick solution was to switch it to Effexor. Sleeping - I will wake up at 12:00, 1:00 etc. and Scott is laying there watching T.V. If he not's sleeping, he's not resting. Dr. Nick solution was to give him 3 mg of Lunesta. Scott has taken mine before and sleeps really well. He slept like a baby last night. Scott scan was great and he will proceed with chemo on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, this is Tami, sorry to hear that Scott has been down lately. We continue to pray for both of you everyday. I check the blog all the time to get an update. I hope the occupational therapy and the sleeping pills helps with the use of his hand and getting some much needed rest. Maybe this summer we can come to Melbourne for a weekend to visit ya'll again, we miss ya'll. Hang in there Scott, you are an inspiration to everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys forever
love The Feibelmans