Wednesday, August 20, 2008

PFC Rogers Reporting For Duty

Blake has arrived safely to Ft.Drum NY. We spent his last day home at Bush Gardens. They were dying to ride Sheikra. Their first ride.Poor Matt, I think he didn't want to let the group down, so he reluctantly rode it. I told him he was crazy. Scott even went out on a limb and rode it. I was really nervous because he had two seizures that had awoke him in his sleep. We got home about 7:00 and Blake decided at 9:30 that he would begin his trip. He and his friend Kristin met up together in Savannah.
He arrived in New York Tuesday and I told him to get a hotel get some rest and enjoy his last day before check-in. He checked in this morning and seems down in the dumps. He is in singlr soilder barracks with another soilder. He said, his room is 10x12. I told him to find the positive out of it because he doesn't want to be miserable. He is in a new area, he knows no one. It's like your first day of school, it get's better. I told him as soon as he gets his address to e-mail it to me and I will try to make sure he doesn't get to home sick.

No comments: